Friday, January 16, 2015

My Dog Ate It (May, 2014)

My Dog Ate It

I want to say that “My dog ate it”
But that would be to lie
Because I wrote this poem on “Google Drive”
Where in less than five seconds all of my changes will be saved
And even if my dog ate my computer
I still couldn’t
say
“My dog ate it”
Cuz all my changes have been saved
On “Google Drive”

I could say that my mom accidentally deleted all of my work
But that would be untrue
Cuz what happens in the cloud
Stays in the cloud

Cuz I wrote this poem on “Google Drive”

When my parents were still kids
There was no such thing as a macbook pro
My dads TV got thrown out before he was ten
And then
There was no such thing as a macbook pro
So back then he could say
“My dog ate it”

I wish I could say
“My dog ate it”
But that would be untrue
Cuz
For one
She didn’t
And two

I wrote this poem on “Google Drive”

I wish I could say
“My dog ate it”
But that would be to lie
Cuz I wrote this poem on “Google Drive”

If I said that lightning struck my house and that wretched cloud
And my papers all burned
Which I note
“Would be to lie”
But the cloud is metaphorical
And so is the fire
And even so
I wrote this poem on “Google Drive”
Where every five seconds
My work gets saved
And even if I used
Hand grenades

My work still got saved
On “Google Drive”

So as you can see
There’s no way
That I could say
“My dog ate it”

Cuz that would be to lie

Cuz I wrote this poem

On “Google Drive”

No comments:

Post a Comment